With decades of combined experience in law enforcement and school policing, our analysts come to the table as a practitioner to work with client organizations
to develop solutions that build relationships and enhance school security across the organization. Our staff have developed some of the most innovative and effective
methods to improve school safety that are now used as best practices by school organizations, state governments and national agencies in the U.S. and abroad. We have
assisted agencies including the U.S. Department of Justice, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), as
well as hundreds of state, mufti-jurisdictional and local departments of education, emergency management, law enforcement and the like. We are also regularly retained by
insurance carriers, school legal counsel and other private entities that deal with risk management, liability and other aspects of school health and safety.
We provide a varity of school security services, including:
- School safety assessments for more than 6,000 school facilities and have trained more than 2,000 school and public safety personnel to conduct their own school safety assessments.
- Safe Havens analysts have also developed state-wide school safety, security, climate, culture and emergency preparedness assessment approaches for the states of Georgia, Indiana, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, Maine and Wisconsin.
- Student supervision assessments, consulting and training
- School Crisis Plan/Emergency Plan Development and consulting
- School Safety Plan Development templates
- Building partnerships between schools and law enforcement
- Developing strategies to prevent and respond to campus weapons assaults
For more information and availability, contact us today.